Last Monday our class went to Puccinis for a posh meal. Inside the restaurant it was very stylish with some calm and peaceful colours. The interior is stunning and takes your breath away. All the polite staff welcomed us with cheerful faces, as we entered we smelt the aroma from the Italian herbs coming towards our faces from the Open Kitchen.
Our teacher had prepared a booklet with small assignments for us to complete during our visit and afterwards to help us reflect upon our experiences. We had to find out things like who Puccinis was named after - I discovered that Puccini was a composer of Operas. Back in class, miss played us some of his operas and I think he is a good Italian composer.
One of our teachers ordered pizza and when her pizza arrived she was shocked - it was huge! (But she did eat it all!)
With our meal, we had a soft drink then water and I tried lots of dishes. My favourites were Calamari, spaghetti bolognaise and pizza.
Half way through our meal, I was fortunate to be able to view the action in the Open Kitchen and not only that I was invited to look at the fridge and freezer; I was amazed at the high standards of cleanliness.
We ate and ate - it was delicious!
If you want to try the delicious food you can now visit Puccinis at Bedford Place in town as well as the Shirley restaurant.
Visit www.puccinissouthampton.com
Valerie
Saturday, 21 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow Valerie - superb writing. I can almost imagine being there! Excellent work - I'm very jealous and you've made me really hungry!! Keep up the outstanding work.
Thank you for your comment about Valerie's writing, I am very proud of the progress she is making and how much she enjoys writing now!
Valerie, as a teacher of a different Oak class (mine is in London); I am very impressed with your writing and use of descriptive work. Well done and keep it at your secondary school.
EBD35
Post a Comment