Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Giant's Necklace play script by Billie

Giant’s Necklace – playscript by Billie

A dark cave in an old Cornish tin mine – a girl and two man are discussing walking through the tunnels.

Old man: You’ll be wanting me to guide you to the surface I suppose?

Cherry: I’m not the first one then?

(The old man shook his head)

Cherry: There’s been others climb up into the mine to escape from the sea?

(The old man nodded)

Cherry: You’ve saved lots of people?

Young man: (sadly) A few, a few.

Cherry: (smiling) You’re a very kind person.

(The young man sighs and then nods head)

Cherry: I never thought ghosts would be so kind.

Young man: We’re just people, people who have passed on. (Taking Cherry’s elbow and leading her towards the fire)

(Cherry smiles)

Young man: There’s nice people and there’s nasty people, it’s the same if you’re dead or alive.

Cherry: You’re a nice person, I can tell that even though I haven’t known you for long.

1 comment:

VCOP Teacher said...

Fab stuff well done I will use this to show features of playscripts. Thanks Billie