Wednesday, 23 January 2008

playscript by Ashleigh

The Giant’s Necklace – play script by Ashleigh

A cave in an old tin mine, a girl and two men talk. Cherry is on her feet backing away.

Young man: No need to be afeared! (holding his hand out towards her) We won’t hurt you. (staring at the fire) Not now!

(Cherry moves closer)

Young man: It’ll be alright we will help you.

Cherry: But I want to go home! (feeling the panic rising in her voice and trying to control it)

Cherry: I know you are kind but I want to go home! (kindly) My mother will be worried about me! They will be looking for me.

Young man: Yes it is only natural that you should want to see them.

Cherry: Your light saved my life and I want to thank you! (walking around) But I must go back or they’ll worry themselves sick.

3 comments:

VCOP Teacher said...

Well done Ashleigh I enjoyed your playscript - thanks!

VCOP Teacher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

Great playscript Ashleigh. The stage directions would really help the actors. I'm a bit worried about what will happen to Cherry. Where the Young Man says "Not yet." it sounds as if he may have bad plans for Cherry.