The Midnight World by Demi
Carefully, I took my first steps into the new world. As I entered I felt a sudden feeling that something wasn’t right. It did feel a little bit cold, but that didn’t give the reason. Slowly I looked around me – everything was dull and gloomy. Suddenly I heard a loud noise of some sort. This rustling noise was coming from the trees. Nervously, I tip-toed to the place that I heard someone or something there. Then a small figure jumped out from the leaves of the red willow tree.
“Hello, my name is Dandelion, I’m a forest fairy,” whispered the small person. I stood there in amazement. I must be dreaming. There was no such thing – well my mother always said they were just made up. How could it be?
She led me to a hut where I slept for the first night. Tired I woke up. I opened the tiny, pink, decorated curtains. Outside I saw magical creatures:
Goblins
Fairies
Monsters
Pixies.
They all looked very sad. That was very unusual. Back at home everyone was always happy. Yet Dandelion – my new friend had a bubbly personality – what had happened? After I finished staring, she murmured, “Since the ugly witch ruled the place, every creature is miserable.”
No wonder everyone was depressed; I needed to defeat the evil witch. We must travel to the witches lair said Dandelion. Both of us travelled, far out to the evil witch’s lair. Surprisingly there were no guards, which gave us a chance to sneak into the castle. There in front of us was the evil witch – eyes of fire and a nose so long you wouldn’t believe your eyes.
Quickly I grabbed the dagger and stabbed it in her back; her weakest point. At last the evil witch was dead.
Instantly the weather changed by 100%; making the sun shine. My work was done. Time to go home. When I arrived home again I went straight to bed.
Sunday, 20 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW, what a fantastic piece of writing Demi! I loved your descriptions, they created wonderful images in my mind. Great use of adverbs and rhetorical questions!
Post a Comment