Sunday, 20 January 2008

The Midnight World by Cassie

The Midnight World by Cassie

It was midnight and unfortunately I could not get to sleep. I slivered out of bed and made my way down the hall. Very ponderously I crept into that room – the forbidden room. There was not much there only a dressing table with a mirror. I walked a bit closer and saw a large white object, it was a quilt covering something. Without thinking I pulled it off. I took a deep breath. I thought about who had hid it here.

After a minute or two, I gracefully opened a tall wide door at the far end of the room. I couldn’t believe my eyes – as far as I could see was glistening white snow covering the land like a smooth cotton blanket. As I turned my head towards the sun it was a greenish colour. I stood glancing at it for about half an hour not yet through the door.

I was just about to shut the door when I heard a noise from the corridor; my belly started to rumble, sweat was dripping down my face. I heard someone turn the doorknob, I did the first thing that came into my head and jumped into the new world and shut the door behind me whilst glimpsing two figures approaching.

I screamed and ran as fast as I could but now they were entering my new world – a boy with pink hair and purple eyes, wearing red clothes
- a girl with green hair, blue eyes and strange clothes
They said they came in peace...

3 comments:

Katherine J said...

I love your descriptions and the wow language you use.

I thought it was a great opening paragraph as it really intrigued me to read more and set a good sense of atmosphere.

Well done!

Miss Smith said...

I love your ending, a real cliffhanger. I'm dying to know who these strangers are...

Rachel Orr said...

Cassie, you kept me gripped right up until your cliffhanger. You have definitely left me wanting to know more.

Rachel Orr
Opera Diva