Sunday, 20 January 2008

Giant's Necklace report - Brandon

CHILD MISSING – PRESUMED DROWNED
By Brandon

It is believed that Cherry aged 11, who had been collecting shells, when she crawled up the cliffs in an attempt to get back to the coastal path but was swept away in the storm. Big waves came and swept her out to sea during a freak storm which was the worst in twenty years.

Her family are upset and her mother sad, “We loved her, I really can’t believe she has gone!” Cherry’s four older brothers searched the area for hours along with the police and coastguard but they only found her shells wrapped in her towel and her shoe.
The family’s holiday has been ruined and lots of other holiday makers are upset by the tragedy and freak weather. The search for Cherry continues but the hope of finding her alive fade.

2 comments:

Miss B said...

Well done Brandon!
My heart goes out to all those people who are looking for Cherry and cannot imagine how they must be feeling!
I would definitely buy further issues of the paper to find out what happens.

Keep up the good work - my class will enjoy these!

Miss B

Rachel Orr said...

Brandon, I await anxiously for a glimmer of hope that Cherry will be found. Great writing! I was moved.

Rachel Orr
Opera Diva