Sunday, 20 January 2008

The Midnight World by Hannah

The Midnight World by Hannah

One freezing night, the house was quiet but I still couldn’t sleep. Just as all of the clocks in the house struck midnight, I realised there was a strange light coming from the right door of the old wardrobe. Slowly, walking on the creaky floorboards, I made my way to the wardrobe as there in front of me the doors began to open on their own. I shivered as I saw the winter snow falling. Grabbing my winter coat and boots, I slowly walked into the new world.

I walked through spiky cold trees as a cloud of smoke escaped from my mouth as I breathed. Just then I came to a ski slope, and there in front of me was my favourite author Valerie Bloom. She asked me if I wanted to go skiing with her. Of course I did and even though I fell over a couple of time, I enjoyed it but decided to give it up.

Valerie Bloom took me to her house and we had fun learning all her raps and we played all my favourite board games. I had a brilliant time and was amazed when she returned me to the wardrobe door and when I got back it was 12:00 midnight –still!
I went back to sleep and in the morning I told my mum and dad but they didn’t believe me and said Valerie Bloom was in Jamaica, but I knew she wasn’t!

2 comments:

EBD35 said...

Hannah as I read I could feel the floor under my feet! What great descriptions you used!

Rachel Orr said...

Hannah, your description of the snow and trees sounds just like my garden the other week. We had quite a lot of snow and it enveloped my garden as though someone had spooned white custard on it.

Rachel Orr
Opera Diva